Tuesday 7 July 2015

Stanton Hall, Gardens and plant nursery- or my new heaven...

On Sunday my husband and I went to Stanton Hall. I'd never been before, it's a few miles north west of Morpeth in Northumberland. I'd never heard of it to be honest but another lady at the allotment recommended it to me. 


I've got to say- I totally loved it! It's along a stunning country road, and this amazing house is at the end of the drive way. You feel like you're just pulling into someone's drive. Though a big drive. 


And instantly beautiful gardens surround you! It's amazing. Now- I'm one of those people that love wandering around garden centres. Always have been- even as a child. Not that I particularly cared about growing things as a child, I just found them nice relaxing places, where you got to wander around all the plants like in a jungle. And granted- while I do still like garden centres they're not quite as fun as they used to be- But this place totally fixed that!


To start with it sort of feels like you're walking around someone's amazing garden- though not in a creepy way. Then through little arches of brick or trees you find yourself in one of 3 huge polytunnels. As well as huge outside areas with plants lined up. Everything is for sale- and a bargain price at that! We ended up with 3 baskets that we ended up sort of balancing things on. We then had to make a trip to the car and come back for another round. 


They also have this amazing koi pond! There's a lovely waterfall further along and this fantastic pond at the end. We had the benefit of it being lovely and warm and humid- it honestly felt as though I was in a tropical country. 


This was our full car boot at the end of our trip! I bought everything from a well established honey suckle to go around my arch (and attract the bees of course!) to beautiful iris, plenty violas and various things that I don't even know what they are I just thought they were pretty! As well as some veg, from jalapeƱos, bell peppers, aubergine, corn and cucumber, and I only spent just over £40. Now unfortunately I'm a regular in places like B&Q and I know I would never in a million years be able to get that much there for that price- not even close to it!
 There are plenty things I'd love to go back for as well- so I think it's safe to say I'm going to be a regular!
 My husband and I both hate shopping. Really hate it! But we both thought we left this place feeling relaxed, like we'd gotten a bargain, and wanting to go back! 
 We even took a wander around their amazing garden afterwards to see how they use and grow their plants. Fantastic! 


And of course I had to include this photo of later in the day, and my husband planting his corn (he insisted on them!) so now they're his to look after- not like they'll take much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment