Monday 13 July 2015

5 hours of shed painting...

Today was officially the first day of the summer holidays. So I spent the day as I mean to go on- productively!

I was at the allotment for 5 hours simply painting the inside of the shed- and enjoying the pond for a portion of that!



It's doing really well at the moment. The plant life around the outside is really starting to hide and protect the pond and other animals around. There are plenty frogs being spotted in their too now. Every few days there seems to be a new lily pad unfurling so hopefully it will flower at some point! Not sure if that will be this year or next thought.



I've really got no idea about what's growing around the outside. I did scatter a fair few wildflower seeds a few months ago, and there are some really pretty flowers coming up, so I'm assuming there some sort of wildflower. There are plenty of other things as well, from buttercups to dandelions and dock leaves, but for the moment I'm just going to leave it all. 



The Brussel sprouts are coming along really well now too! I had a peek under their leaves today and there are little baby sprouts sitting above every leaf, so hopefully I'll get a good harvest from them in a few months time! I have plenty people in my family who're looking forward to home grown sprouts on their Christmas dinner! 

And of course- a photo of my hard work today.



I painted the inside cream. I needed to paint it to protect the wood, as some of it is fairly old and has been left outside for a while (one wall is from an old fence) so it needed protecting on the inside and outside. I wanted the cream colour to lighten it all up. It took hours, but I'm happy with the final product. Now I just have to give the outside one final coat of blue, and then I can start attaching things to the inside and out. I have some hanging baskets for the outside and I want some shelves up on the inside, as well as hooks to hang my tools on. Project for next week I think!

The jalapeƱos look pretty happy in the shed too!



No comments:

Post a Comment